Thursday 10 November 2016

Monkfish

It's been a while since my last post, I've been very busy with various work.

 I recently entered my work, Monkfish, at  Thought bubble , the Leeds comic book festival and, unexpectedly, I came second. I wasn't planning to go but they informed me that I could have a weekend pass and there were prizes :)

Due to it being an unexpected trip I rushed to get a sample ready for another competition but alas missed the entry time for that one. It was a good experience though and I met a few people and, fingers cross, some work will come from it.

Regardless of that I got some good feedback regarding my portfolio. There's still things to improve on but I'm definitely headed in the right direction.

 Monkfish is watercolour over ink and my portfolio consisted of this, The frog who lost her hop and Innocence abroad  and a black and white piece I'll put up next time.  The watercolour pieces were very well received and all comments were positive.... so fingers cross. I think I'm definitely sticking with water colouring as opposed to digital colouring.


No comments:

Post a Comment